Thursday, March 29, 2007

Slightly Injured, not in the dessert

Yesterday and the night before there were massive snow storms in Joe's Valley. I woke up to 2 inches of fresh snow on my tent. The boulders of the right fork were covered. I thought maybe the south facing, lower elevation of New Joe's might provide some solace. No such luck. Ended up driving through a near white out to the Triassic, an area near the Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry just outside of Elmo. The weather there was perfect! What a difference a 45 minute drive can make. Unfortunately I grabbed a weird pocket a little bit too hard and really tore a pulley tendon in my right middle finger. So, today I drove back to Salt Lake City to hang out with Mike and Cheryl and get some other stuff done.

I didn't bring the cable to connect my camera to the computer so photos of the trip will have to wait. When they're on the web I'll let you know.

Speaking of that, I finally posted the first couple sections of stories from the Nepal trip back in 1999. They're pretty rough right now, but at least they're up. Check them out if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment