Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Struck a Nerve


This comic really struck a nerve with me today. This week has been hell so far. Every morning I get in a bit before 9 and by about 12:30PM I've almost beaten back the email, voice-mail, and phone calls. But it's like I'm out in the middle of the wilderness in a blizzard and I'm shoveling snow. It falls continuously; just slightly slower than I can shovel. So, if I shovel like hell I can clear a small spot for a while. Of course, I'm shoveling frantically because if I can keep the spot clear for a little while then I'll be able to build a fire and stay warm (and melt a little snow too). But of course, if I stop shoveling to eat lunch or go to the bathroom then the snow will accumulate and it'll take me a while to catch up. So, anyway, I'm fed up with email; this comic made me laugh.

By the way, I use this great program called iBert to view today's episode of Dilbert by Scott Adams. iBert is a nice application for Mac OS X of course, you could just check out his cartoon on the web (you still need a web connection for iBert) but for some reason I like iBert better.

And also, I'm going on vacation. Hopefully leave tomorrow afterwork. Sleep in the sierras somewhere, arrive in SLC in the evening on Friday to crash at Mike and Cheryl's, then drive the last couple hours down to Joe's Valley for some bouldering and camping out. Just me and Khola. Should be a very relaxing trip. Be back on the first.