Saturday, September 8, 2007

Arrival

Khola and I are now in Salt Lake City. These last couple weeks it's been really hard to say goodbye to all of my great friends out in the bay area. Every dinner was a going away dinner. Every time I saw a friend it was the last time I'd see them for a while. I don't think moving or changing is supposed to be easy though. It's been hard for me to leave because the last 4 years were so good. I'll miss all the great people I'm leaving behind, but you've all got an open invitation to come visit me in SLC.

On the positive side, I am now officially "retired". At least that's what I'm calling it. I'm working for the fun of it, not for the pay. I live in a cool city close to the mountains and work part time as the product manager for Guyot Designs. Sure, I'm not making much money, and at my current pay rate I'll have to work forever, but the work is fun and not too burdensome. This whole thing should be a really valuable experiment for me. Is this really what I want? Can I follow my passions and find happiness? Only time will tell.

So, for now Khola and I are staying in the guest bedroom of my good friends Mike and Cheryl. They're on call at the hospital for the next 30 hours, so I've got the run of the place. In no particular order goals for today are:
  • Look for more permanent rental housing
  • Read the manual for my new D-SLR camera cover to cover
  • Go climbing
  • Update Blog (Done)

No comments:

Post a Comment