Tuesday, September 11, 2007

New Camera!!


I just got my Tamron 28-75mm lens for my new Canon Rebel XTi and took it out for a test run in Mike and Cheryl's backyard. I took 48 pictures (I need a bigger memory card). 19 photos made the cut. I'm pretty damn stoked! The named photos have been "developed" I haven't cleaned up the others yet. The control and precision over the image taking process this camera gives me is awesome, and I don't even know what I'm doing yet. Practice will make perfect. I'm reading through the manual, but in the meantime if someone can tell me how to manually set the F-stop, or if you have other hints to improve my shooting I'd love the advice.

There are some really great photos of Khola I think as well as two kinda fun shots of the backyard. The camera allowed me to grab some really cool action shots of Khola too. It's got an auto-fire feature where it can take 3 pictures per second as long as you hold down the shutter button. The shots of her shaking the frisbee and chasing the ball were taken with this setting. I'm not showing all frames on flickr though, only the few that I thought were interesting on their own. I've still got a lot to learn. I'm sure I'm not pushing the limits of this camera or lens yet. I'm excited to take it out and try some landscapes later this week, hopefully after a bit more practice.

Check out all the photos on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment