Monday, October 15, 2007

I have a new place to live!

I really didn't expect it to take this long to find a place to live, but now that I've found it I'm relatively happy about it. I've got the bottom floor of a duplex. The interior is really very nice now that I've finished cleaning the filth left behind by the previous tenant. There were 3 kids and 4 cats living in this place before me. The carpets were disgusting. They left behind a decent sized pile of garbage, and there are several holes in the walls and doors. Aside from those very localized sources of damage the place is pretty decent. I've had the carpets professionally cleaned, and they're actually decent now. I'm going to have to get in touch with the property manager to get these things taken care of and I'm not excited about that. She seems difficult to deal with. Aside from those downsides the place is pretty nice. It's in a quiet neighborhood, but only a couple blocks from a pretty major thoroughfare where there's a good coffee shop with free wifi. That's where I'm working and surfing from these days. I think I'll get internet set up at home soon. I'm still waiting for my stuff to arrive from California so for now I'm sleeping on my crashpad on the floor.

The place has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I'm looking for two housemates and have tentative agreements from two cool folks that I'm excited to live with. If everything works out rent should be relatively cheap split 3 ways. It's got a decent sized backyard that Khola can run donuts in and an old tree-house that needs some work. It's pretty close to the canyons where all the awesome skiing and biking and climbing can be found. It's probably a 25 minute drive from my house to the top of the canyons, and only about 5 blocks from a climbing gym. There's a school with a big yard for Khola to run in about a block away.

So, I have an address now. You can find some pictures of the place before I moved in here. Once my stuff arrives I'll post some new pictures of the place once it's been cleaned up and moved into.

No comments:

Post a Comment