Saturday, January 5, 2008

Tis the season

This has been the season of friends and family and it's been wonderful. Learning to ski with Marc, Art, Kate, Susie, Bret, Anthony, Mike and Cheryl. Getting tips on skiing from Sam and Lorissa. Attempting to squeeze a 12 mike hike and half hour hot tub soak into less than 4 hours on New Years (it was a wonderful attempt and we'll make it next time). Sam and Lorissa also turned me on to Architecture in Helsinki, which is a great band. While I was home I read this webcomic in its entirety. Not very funny, but for some reason really engaging. I also just stumbled across this video on how to make a match shooter. Which is part of this website Instructables dot com. Which I recently discovered and love. It inspired me to make a 4 foot by 8 foot whiteboard from tile-board with a steel core so that I can attach magnets to it. It didn't come out that great, but it is big and it does work. It just looks sloppy. Oh well.

Today it's snowing and blowing like crazy. I've got a ski pass for the day, but the mountain, and the road to it, are both closed. Maybe the road will open in an hour or two. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment